- Contact Sales
Aus: 1800 780 996
NZ: 0800 442 742
Today at its annual NetApp Insight® technical conference, NetApp (NASDAQ: NTAP) unveiled offerings for partners that help them capitalise on the shift to hybrid cloud. These include specialisation training, new services, and end-to-end Data Fabric solution kits that make it easy for partners to assist customers in piloting cloud projects.
Nearly 75% of enterprise-level organisations have a hybrid cloud strategy. But only 29% consider themselves good or excellent at managing data across multiple clouds1. IT teams, tasked with quick response in a changing digital world, need knowledgeable resources to help them manage, move, and protect their data across any deployment model. NetApp is addressing this gap through investments in its partner ecosystem. (See related news on NetApp® Data Fabric portfolio updates also announced today, www.netapp.com/us/company/news/press-releases/news-rel-20151012-526053.aspx.)
“The hybrid cloud gives organisations a platform for supporting new ideas and driving business transformation in ways they could never imagine,” said Bill Lipsin, vice president, Worldwide Channel, NetApp. “Partners with cloud skills, cloud-ready solutions, and expertise in data fabric architectures will be more successful reaching new buyers and strengthening existing relationships. NetApp supports our partners with services and solutions that help their customers realise the full potential of the hybrid cloud and make the best decisions for their business.”
Data Fabric Services, Solutions, and Training for Partners
NetApp introduced its vision for Data Fabric a year ago at NetApp Insight 2014. Since then, the company has been working with its well-established and growing ecosystem of partners and service providers to deliver integrated solutions and services that make the Data Fabric real.
Baylor College of Medicine is among those customers already seeing fundamental improvements. Working closely with their NetApp partner, Presidio, it delivered an easy-to-use infrastructure as a service for its researchers with a FlexPod® private cloud solution. Researchers can now begin their experiments sooner, get results more quickly, and improve their learning experience during their time at Baylor. The college has also saved more than $1.5 million in hardware costs so far.
NetApp’s partners are leading the way to help other organisations become cloud ready; protect their data wherever it resides; and improve application performance across flash, disk, and cloud resources. NetApp unveiled the following training specialisations to accelerate partner enablement and spur more opportunity for its partner ecosystem:
- Partner Specialisation programs. These training programs increase partners’ knowledge and capabilities in helping customers benefit from Data Fabric hybrid cloud solutions.
- Clustered Data ONTAP Transition Services. A new program for partners who have completed advanced training to assist customers with the full range of migration services, including full installation, advanced configuration, and data migration. NetApp distribution partners, such as Arrow and Avnet, offer versions of this training for their reseller networks.
- Clustered Data ONTAP Specialisation. More than 200 NetApp partners, who have invested in this training to size, sell, and architect solutions based on NetApp’s flagship operating system have contributed to clustered Data ONTAP customers is up 130+% year over year growth (as of end of NetApp’s Q1FY16).
- Data Fabric Solution Essentials. These new solution kits for specific workloads make it easy for partners to assist customers in piloting cloud projects. Kits combine software, systems, and/or services to speed deployment and show the immediate benefits of hybrid cloud.
- Application Acceleration solution kit, aimed at database professionals, allows partners to quickly deploy a small four-node cluster for their customers with Microsoft SQL Server or Oracle databases. The kit showcases the unique capabilities of NetApp all-flash and clustered Data ONTAP® to protect against data loss; provide high, consistent performance; and deliver comprehensive data management across flash, disk, and cloud resources in a single platform.
- OpenStack Solution Kit with FlexPod enables FlexPod Premium Partners to get customers up and running on an OpenStack private cloud in days, not months, with known costs and proven capabilities.
- Snap-to-Cloud™ DR solution kit offers partners a single replication solution to meet their customers’ needs for disaster recovery, business intelligence, data distribution, and development testing. Includes a one-year license for the NetApp Cloud ONTAP® software subscription as well as installation services and three years of support.
- Read more about Bill Lipsin’s perspective on today’s news here
- Find out more about our Data Fabric solutions on our blog
- Hear perspective on the business value of Data Fabric in this video from NetApp’s CEO.
- Get the deep dive on all things Data Fabric with this technical white paper.
- Read more about our cloud services.
- Follow NetApp on Twitter.
Leading organisations worldwide count on NetApp for software, systems and services to manage and store their data. Customers value our teamwork, expertise and passion for helping them succeed now and into the future. To learn more visit www.netapp.com.
PR for NetApp
02 9994 4476